This item, P26290-B21, is the HPE option part number for the product described as 800GB SAS 12G Mixed Use SFF SC PM6 SSD. Further details below.
This P26290-B21 is a small form factor 2.5 inch HPE solid state drive, mounted in an SFF hotplug smart carrier. This is a genuine HPE drive with HPE firmware and is specifically for use in certain HPE Proliant servers and storage arrays. This is not a third party or generic drive. A sampling of compatible machines is found below but that list is not complete. Feel free to contact us to verify compatibility with your machine. The P26290-B21 drive has a capacity of 800 gigabytes and is a mixed use workload type. This 800GB model is one of our most popular products.
P26290-B21 is the option part number used by HP to reference this drive, but that part number won't appear anywhere on the drive. The HP spare number of P37171-001 will be visible on the label on the front of the carrier, likely shortened to display only 'P37171'. There are several model numbers and assembly numbers that are aggregated under the option part number P26290-B21. See the list below, or view the HPE Model Number Matrix document for a complete listing.
This is a PM6 drive, which is the sixth generation of enterprise SAS SSD. This SSD supports the latest (as of August 2021) 24G SAS interface.
HPE Option Part #: P26290-B21
HPE Spare Part #:
HPE Assembly Part #: n/a
- Lifetime Writes: 4,280
- Endurance ( ): 3
- Read IOPS: Random Read IOPS (4KiB, Q=16)= 150,000 Max Random Read IOPS (4KiB)=173,000@Q64
- Write IOPS: Random Write IOPS (4KiB, Q=16) 125,000 Max Random Write IOPS (4KiB) 130,000@Q4
- Power (Watts): 8.32
- Plug Type: Hot pluggable
- Height: 15mm
- Weight (imperial): 1.1 lb
- Weight (metric): 0.5 kg
- Product Dimensions (imperial): 8.63 x 9 x 5.75 in
- Product Dimensions (metric): 21.92 x 22.86 x 14.61 cm
- Detailed Product Description: HPE 800 GB, 24G, SAS, , small form factor, solid state drive in a Smart Carrier with a 3-year warranty
- Platform Supported: HPE ProLiant Rack/Tower/BladeSystem Servers/Synergy
✅ and possibly others
Contact us via if you have any questions about compatibility.
Last updated: 10/24/2023
Why Global One?
- Trusted by thousands. Over 32,000 customers in 100+ countries trust Global One Technology to deliver mission-critical HP Enterprise hardware - including Fortune 500 businesses, schools, hospitals, and federal, state, and local goverment agencies.
- HPE is our specialty! We only sell genuine HP Enterprise parts.
- EASY ordering process. Purchase online now with credit card or PayPal!
- FAST shipping. Global One Technology ships orders received by 5pm the same day and offers NEXT DAY delivery to US customers.
This product is warrantied against hardware failure for a period of 3 Years from the date of purchase. Before making a purchase, please take a moment to review our return policy below.
It is the customer's responsibility to verify compatibility with their machine(s) before placing an order. If an item is ordered by mistake, it can be returned for refund, minus a 25% restocking fee, within 5 business days of receipt. The cost of freight is not refundable.
Please be aware that factory-sealed equipment can only be returned if it remains unopened.
If you have received a defective part and your machine is still within the HPE warranty period, please initiate a warranty exchange by visiting the HPE Enterprise Support Center. Be sure to have the serial numbers of the defective drive and your server/storage array handy.
In case your hardware becomes defective during the Global One warranty period, but the HPE warranty has expired, you can return the product to us for a working replacement. You are responsible for the shipment of returned merchandise. However, we will cover the expense of Ground /Economy shipment for the replacement item(s).
Requesting an RMA
To initiate a return or warranty claim, please complete and submit the RMA Request Form.