This item, P40497-B21, is the HPE option part number for the product described as 480GB SATA 6G Read Intensive SFF BC Multi Vendor SSD. Further details below.
HPE Option Part #: P40497-B21
HPE Spare Part #:
HPE Assembly Part #: n/a
- Device Type: Solid state drive - hot-swap
- Capacity: 480 GB
- NAND Flash Memory Type: Triple-level cell (TLC)
- Form Factor: 2.5" SFF
- Interface: SATA 6Gb/s
- Features: Digitally Signed Firmware
- Height: 0.3 in
- Weight: 17.64 oz
- Bundled with: HPE Basic Carrier
- ( ): 0.5
- SSD Endurance: 430 TB
- Drive Class:
- Drive Transfer Rate: 600 MBps (external)
- Internal Data Rate: 510 MBps (read) / 300 MBps (write)
- 4KB Random Read: 63000 IOPS
- 4KB Random Write: 15000 IOPS
- Interfaces: 1 x SATA 6 Gb/s - 7 pin Serial ATA
- Compatible Bay: 2.5" SFF
- Power Consumption: 1.27 Watt (idle) ¦ 2.92 Watt (random read) ¦ 2.92 Watt (random write) ¦ 3.06 Watt (sequential read) ¦ 3.36 Watt (sequential write) ¦ 2.92 Watt (random read/write) ¦ 3.36 Watt (maximum)
✅ certain Gen10 Plus and Gen11 servers
✅ and possibly others
Contact us via if you have any questions about compatibility.
Last updated: 7/22/2023
Why Global One?
- HPE is our specialty! We only sell genuine HP Enterprise parts.
- EASY ordering process. Purchase online now with credit card or PayPal!
This product is warrantied against hardware failure for a period of 1 Year from the date of purchase. Before making a purchase, please take a moment to review our return policy below.
It is the customer's responsibility to verify compatibility with their machine(s) before placing an order. If an item is ordered by mistake, it can be returned for refund, minus a 25% restocking fee, within 5 business days of receipt. The cost of freight is not refundable.
Please be aware that factory-sealed equipment can only be returned if it remains unopened.
If you have received a defective part and your machine is still within the HPE warranty period, please initiate a warranty exchange by visiting the HPE Enterprise Support Center. Be sure to have the serial numbers of the defective drive and your server/storage array handy.
In case your hardware becomes defective during the Global One warranty period, but the HPE warranty has expired, you can return the product to us for a working replacement. You are responsible for the shipment of returned merchandise. However, we will cover the expense of Ground /Economy shipment for the replacement item(s).
Requesting an RMA
To initiate a return or warranty claim, please complete and submit the RMA Request Form.