This item, BL540B, is the HPE option part number for the product described as StoreEver MSL LTO-5 Ultrium 3000 SAS Drive Upgrade Kit. Further details below.
HPE Option Part #: BL540B
HPE Spare Part #: n/a
HPE Assembly Part #: n/a
- Device Type: Tape library drive module - LTO Ultrium
- Recording Standard: LTO Ultrium 5
- Enclosure Type: Internal
- Interface Type: SAS-2
- Key Features: Encryption
- Built-in Devices: LED panel
- Width: 5.7 in
- Depth: 8.1 in
- Height: 1.6 in
- Weight: 3.2 lbs
- Type: LTO Ultrium - 5.25" x 1/2H
- Capacity: 1.5 TB (native) / 3 TB (compressed)
- Supported Tape Cartridges (Read and Write): Ultrium 4, Ultrium 5
- Recording Standard: Ultrium 4, Ultrium 5
- (native): 140 MBps (504 GBph)
- (compressed): 280 MBps (1 TBph)
- Buffer Size: 256 MB
- Interfaces: 1 x SAS 6Gb/s
- Compatible Bay: 1 x front accessible - 5.25" x 1/2H
- MTBF: 250,000 hour(s)
- Compliant Standards: VCCI, C-Tick, BSMI, EN 60950, NOM, RRL, IEC 60950, CSA 22.2 No. 60950, CB, FCC CFR47 Part 15, AES-256
- Min Operating Temperature: 50 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 95 °F
- Humidity Range Operating: 20 - 80% (non-condensing)
✅ and possibly others
Contact us via if you have any questions about compatibility.
Last updated: 2/9/2021
Why Global One?
- Trusted by thousands. Over 32,000 customers in 100+ countries trust Global One Technology to deliver mission-critical HP Enterprise hardware - including Fortune 500 businesses, schools, hospitals, and federal, state, and local goverment agencies.
- HPE is our specialty! We only sell genuine HP Enterprise parts.
- EASY ordering process. Purchase online now with credit card or PayPal!
- FAST shipping. Global One Technology ships orders received by 5pm the same day and offers NEXT DAY delivery to US customers.
This product is warrantied against hardware failure for a period of 1 Year from the date of purchase. Before making a purchase, please take a moment to review our return policy below.
It is the customer's responsibility to verify compatibility with their machine(s) before placing an order. If an item is ordered by mistake, it can be returned for refund, minus a 25% restocking fee, within 5 business days of receipt. The cost of freight is not refundable.
Please be aware that factory-sealed equipment can only be returned if it remains unopened.
If you have received a defective part and your machine is still within the HPE warranty period, please initiate a warranty exchange by visiting the HPE Enterprise Support Center. Be sure to have the serial numbers of the defective drive and your server/storage array handy.
In case your hardware becomes defective during the Global One warranty period, but the HPE warranty has expired, you can return the product to us for a working replacement. You are responsible for the shipment of returned merchandise. However, we will cover the expense of Ground /Economy shipment for the replacement item(s).
Requesting an RMA
To initiate a return or warranty claim, please complete and submit the RMA Request Form.