This item, 878579-001, is the HPE spare part number for the product described as InfiniBand EDR/Ethernet 100Gb 2-port 841QSFP28 Adapter. Further details below.
HPE Option Part #:
HPE Spare Part #: 878579-001
HPE Assembly Part #: n/a
- Device Type: Network adapter
- Form Factor: Plug-in card - low profile
- Interface (Bus) Type: PCI Express 3.0 x16
- Ports: 100Gb Ethernet / Infiniband EDR QSFP28 x 2
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Data Link Protocol: 100 Gigabit Ethernet, 100 Gigabit InfiniBand
- : 100 Gbps
- Capacity: Virtual functions: up to 256 ¦ Physical functions: up to 16
- Features: RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE), InfiniBand EDR Link support, Extended Reliable Connected transport (XRC), Dynamically Connected transport (DCT), NVMe over Fabric (NVMf) Offloads
- Compliant Standards: IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.3ba, IEEE 802.1AX, IEEE 802.1Qbb, IEEE 802.1Qaz, IEEE 802.1Qau, IBTA 1.3, IEEE 802.1Qbg, IEEE 1588v2, IEEE 802.3bj, IEEE 802.3bm
- Processor: 1 x Mellanox ConnectX-5
- Interfaces: 2 x 100Gb Ethernet / Infiniband EDR QSFP28 - QSFP28
- Compliant Standards: CISPR 22 Class A, EN55022 Class A, ICES-003 Class A, UL 60950-1, IEC 60950-1, EN 60950-1, WEEE, IEC 60068-2-32, RoHS, IEC 60068-2-29, IEC 60068-2-64, KC, FCC CFR47 Part 15 A, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1
- Power Consumption Operational: 16.12 Watt
- OS Required: SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP4, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP3, Ubuntu 16.04, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.8, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.9, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 17.04, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4, CentOS 6.9, CentOS 7.3, CentOS 6.8, CentOS 7.4, Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.8, Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.9, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7.3, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7.4, Ubuntu 17.10
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 131 °F
- Humidity Range Operating: 5 - 95% (non-condensing)
Quickspecs for 878579-001
✅ and possibly others
Contact us via if you have any questions about compatibility.
Last updated: 11/29/2023
Why Global One?
- Trusted by thousands. Over 32,000 customers in 100+ countries trust Global One Technology to deliver mission-critical HP Enterprise hardware - including Fortune 500 businesses, schools, hospitals, and federal, state, and local goverment agencies.
- HPE is our specialty! We only sell genuine HP Enterprise parts.
- EASY ordering process. Purchase online now with credit card or PayPal!
- FAST shipping. Global One Technology ships orders received by 5pm the same day and offers NEXT DAY delivery to US customers.
This product is warrantied against hardware failure for a period of 1 Year from the date of purchase. Before making a purchase, please take a moment to review our return policy below.
It is the customer's responsibility to verify compatibility with their machine(s) before placing an order. If an item is ordered by mistake, it can be returned for refund, minus a 25% restocking fee, within 5 business days of receipt. The cost of freight is not refundable.
Please be aware that factory-sealed equipment can only be returned if it remains unopened.
If you have received a defective part and your machine is still within the HPE warranty period, please initiate a warranty exchange by visiting the HPE Enterprise Support Center. Be sure to have the serial numbers of the defective drive and your server/storage array handy.
In case your hardware becomes defective during the Global One warranty period, but the HPE warranty has expired, you can return the product to us for a working replacement. You are responsible for the shipment of returned merchandise. However, we will cover the expense of Ground /Economy shipment for the replacement item(s).
Requesting an RMA
To initiate a return or warranty claim, please complete and submit the RMA Request Form.